Wednesday 14 November 2012

Wedding Card Makeover

Hello to all my Lovely Readers,

I am BACK!!!! So sorry for MIA over the past two months!!  It seems that “this sentence” has been a common starter throughout my blog these few months. At the same time, I also want to say SO SORRY to all my blogger friends to not visiting your lovely blog.

Last month, I moved in to my new HDB. In Singapore, we called an apartment as HDB (Housing and Development Board). Over here, seldom people will have enough money to buy a private / landed house. So, most people will apply HDB and pay the installment for like the next 30 years / more.

Anyway, last month I and fiancé went to T-Dragon for our wedding card selection. Wedding card design is one of a perk that we got when signed our wedding package with Grand Copthorne Waterfront (printing service is not included).  The printing service costs us around S$140 for 105 cards.  

Frankly speaking, We I feel that the card’s design is too plain and simple =(

So, I decided to makeover the card to my personal preference. I want it to have classic and rustic feeling.

Original Design
  • A wedding card with shiny gold hot stamping on one side
  • It contains plain text and with a single color printing
  • Plain Cream envelope.
After Makeover:
  • STILL, a wedding card with shiny gold hot stamping on one side
  • Asked them to add two of our customized logo which was designed by ME.  To print a logo, they charge us additional S$10.00 for each image. Since, I requested two images; we need to pay additional S$20.00 for printing.
  • Cream envelope with an additional of liner. It was done by me as well. I spend three days to complete this task. Paper craft bought from Spotlight. Total it cost me S$30.00.
  • And last, I use a wax stamp to seal the wedding card. Bought the Manuscript Pen Sealing Gun Wax Sticks from Maple Tree House. I love love love to shop from there. Sometimes, their products and prices can be too'delicious' for me to ignore =P
Proudly present my wedding card (after the makeover):

























Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you all have a great Wednesday..

9 comments:

  1. Tan lovely to her from you....your wedding cards are beautiful and just love the makeover...you must be getting so excited....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dear Tan,
    Beautiful wedding cards.
    Nice to hear from you again. You must be so busy.
    It's an exciting time for you and your fiance.
    XXX,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend~
    I can hear those wedding bell are starting to ring soon...
    How pretty are those wedding invitees - love the makeover to them... Oh my girlfriend you must be getting so excited.....Don't forget to share all those wonderful pics from your special day.....
    Take care~

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I love the wedding card makeover..they are fabulous... So happy for you that your wedding is right around the corner.. I can't wait to see your wedding pictures.. I hope you do share. Glad to see you blog again. I am sure you have been busy planning..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tan, these are stunning!!! I am so excited for you and your honey!!
    I hope you got my thank you e-mail I sent you for the wonderful birthday gift. I am going to wait and see what you get for your wedding gifts and then send you something you would like. Love you so much sweetie. God mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tan - so not worry - we know you have big wedding plans with a lot to do. Such lovely wedding cards - everything you have done has been to perfection!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sweet flower, wow,wow,wow, you must be super busy !!! Sometimes i've been thinking about you ! Now I sew your profile picture, you are so beautiful & lovely !!! You will be BEAUTIFUL BRIDE !!!
    And your wonderful project have been working GREAT !!! and can not wait to see your wedding pictures !!!
    Good luck, flower !!!p(^o^)q"""

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tan they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful invitations! Love the stamped image of you two! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete