Friday 13 April 2012

Back to Black - City Crafter Challenge Blog


.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
LOVELY NEWS:  I AM SO HAPPY!!! My creation was choosen as one of the Splotlight Artist of City Crafter Challenge Blog - Case Me if You Can - Week 104  
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Hello, All!!

This week City Crafter celebrates their Second Year Anniversary!! Happy Birthday, City Crafter Challenge Blog!! Hope you keep sharing your love with us in many more years to come. Even though I am your new follower, I can see that all your DTs are fantastic and brilliant!! Love their creations sooo much.

To celebrate their 104 weeks, City Crafters are having a "Case me if you can" challenge. What is the challenge about? They want us to go through their Challenge #1 to #103, pick a project created by their talented and lovely DT and case it!

For this challenge, I will choose their Week #91 Challenge, which is Back to Black. And the DT creation I would love to case is Cheryl Jue Girl - Cheryl Nelson.





And here is my intake of this challenge. Hope you all like it =)






I cut out all the images from paper cutting template. It's not that difficult, you just need a good scissor/pen knife and patience to do it. Stick the images to the doily paper before stick is to the base card.   

Materials:
  1. Paper Cutting Template from Chinese Paper Cutting by Diane Feng book which I borrowed from library a few years back.
  2. Scissor / Pen Knife
  3. Ribbon to DIY the roses
  4. Green Leaves
  5. Buttons
  6. Doily Paper
  7. The background card is a present from my lovely God Moms, Kathy!!

The Paper Cutting Template:



How to make the Ribbon roses?

I follow the instruction from here.


PS: To all lovely girls out there, my God Moms, Kathy, is going to do a giveaway. If you interested, just visit her blog and follow the procedure =)

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is amazing! I can't believe you cut those little figures out ... Wonderful take on the challenge ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so sweet Tan! I love how you used the silhouettes with the shabby chic background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast colors. Thanks for the sharing the templates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Tan ! You have the patience of an angel ! Your little characters are cut out to perfection ! And your flowers are simply gorgeous ! You rock Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the flowers and the characters, must have a very steady hand to cut them out, and patience,love it!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. OM Gosh what awesome creative cards!! Love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, i already thought this was a brilliant take on ros' card AND the "back to black" challenge when i was under the impression that the sweet little figures were cut by a cricut or silhoutte... but holy ♥WOW♥ you cut those BY HAND with a craft knife!!!!!!!!!!!! very impressive and well worth the effort... but GOSH, my hand hurts just THINKING about it! ♥♥♥!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creations are wonderful - you actually cut the figures by hand. Now that is amazing you I will trust you with scissors any day!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful take on Cheryl's card, I love your paper cutting images, lots of effort there, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, and I am so glad you found us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your creations are so amazing...you are such a clever girl with fun ideas...totally love them..

    Have a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Tan this is wonderful. Amazing how you cut out the images from paper cutting template. Well done. Beautiful background papers. And I love yours flowers. I wish I could do the same. But for some things think that I don't have enought patience. Wishing you a great weekend. Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweetie these are beautiful!!! What a great job! I love the cut outs.And all by hand, you amaze me!!! The black buttons just make it,perfect embellishments.
    Love the pink back ground paper and the doily. "AWESOME"
    That's my girl...
    Thank you for putting my blog candy on your site. Love ya, mom...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Tan!! I have patience, but not sure if I could be that patient!! The result is very pretty. Love the layout and the roses are beautiful!
    Happy Friday!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine how long this took....amazing! The roses are just gorgeous!!! You do have a wonderful flair with the handmade flowers! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card! Very creative with the different details! Awesome that you had the patience to cut those images! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Tan~
    You are one creative and inspiring crafter.... You always amazed me with such gifted hidden talents.. LOL! This is so darn pretty... love all those projects... Girlfriend I mean you have to been in that craft room all days long putting this together right? Lot of detailing - clever creations..... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Tan this is just splendid just love your take on the inspirational theme just superb! Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning take on Chryl's card
    Love everything about your card .It is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, here are new your amazing creations again !!!(^o^)/"""
    They are so cool , black silhouette are so cool !!!
    Ribbon rose are also beautiful !!!
    Always enjoy your awesome creation !!! Thak you, dear flower !!!(^o^)/"""

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love you take on our challenge this week.. It so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely beautiful, Tan! Your cutting is just amazing. What a cool design for this silhouette card!!

    (Sorry I haven't been able to stop by much recently--real life has been calling, rather LOUDLY, I might add! It was a treat to be able to stop by to see your creations again.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This couldn't be CUTER!! LOVE those cut out images!! Amazing work! Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely take on the chalalenge card Tan....so pretty.

    ANne

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is gorgeous! I love your take on the challenge and the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Tan,
    I love the little musicians.You have made a fantastic card.

    X,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete